If you’re similar to many homeowners, you are looking for your house to be secure 24/7. but, will a home security system work in Asheville?
The quick answer: yes. But, how do you find the most from your home security system? Not only can the sensors and alarms bring wonderful peace-of-mind, the modern components give a level of responsiveness and control you could not have thought about previously. By using automation, security cameras, and easy-to-use tools through a phone app, you can have a safe home that’s truly accessible.
Let's pause a moment to learn why a home security system from Secure24 Alarm Systems is a great recommendation for your home.
Indispensable Home Security Components
To ensure your Asheville home security system works to its potential, you need these essential security features:
- Entryway sensors: You could find this surprising, but plenty of burglars enter your house right through your front door. The other most recurrent targets are back doors and ground-levelfirst-floor windows. For these stats, window and door sensors are considered the foundation of your home security system. When the alarm is live and your sensors are tripped, the unmistakable, high-decibel alarm siren will ring and your round-the-clock monitoring experts will be notified.
- Touchscreen command center: Don’t look for hard-to-work number pads, as easy-to-use touchpads now arm and disarm your entire system. These hubs will also manage your smart home components, security cameras, and monitoring services.
- smartphone app: The best security system allow you control every part of your home security through a mobile app. Now if a sensor or alarm triggers, you will see an instant text to your smartphone. Also, activate your alarms anywhere, set smart door locks, arise and lower the thermostat and more.
- Security signs and window decals: While there is no tech in a yard sign or a window cling, these will forewarn a would-be burglar that your home is protected.
Does A Home Security System Keep You More Secure In Asheville?
While it could feel like an exaggeration to install sensors and download an app on your smartphone when you already use locks and live in a secure area, studies say that home security systems will help secure your property. For example, a paper out of Rutger University concludes that many intruders will actively steer clear of properties with a home security system installed. Instead they’ll opt to target a better home that looks unsecure.
That correlated with statistics from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. They state that most burglarized homes don’t use a security system. In other words, unguarded homes are 300% more likely to be vandalized than homes that are protected. And while showing that your property have an alarm helps discourage instructions, other components -- like smart locks and doorbell cameras -- can also make your house uninviting to thieves.
Of course, modern home security can perform more than ring an siren. Now you can use some other services that make a security system safer and energy efficient.
24-hour Monitoring Is A Reliable Backup Plan
Does a alarm system work in Asheville without round-the-clock monitoring? Using a constant vigilance is always the best ideas and 24/7 monitoring from ADT agents can make certain the authorities arrive to the scene faster after a tripped alarm.
Monitoring professionals can secure your home all day long -- whether you are home or not. If you’re not on site to hear your system going off, your agent will get a hold of you and the proper emergency service after a tripped component. Even if you’re still at home, you can make sure kids and furry companions are all wrangled up.
Install The Same Monitored Protection For Flood, Fire, and Medical Emergencies
When you get your home security system, you have the option to get more than security alarms. components like fire alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, and flood sensors can be added to your complete set-up. If an environmental emergency is sensed, your components will respond just like your door and window alarms. Then when the loud siren goes off, your 24-hour monitoring team are notified, and an alert will show up on your smartphone.
You can even use a panic button, which is easily connected to you or a loved one through a neck pendant, bracelet, or clip. If there is a fall incident or a serious medical condition, they can just use a two-finger button to notify emergency services.
Add Safety, Responsiveness And Energy Efficiency With Home Automation
Today’s smart home alarms and cameras give you a level of control and convenience you’ve never seen before. They will make your house more energy-efficient and responsive. And when you link home automation to your security system, they will also make your home that much safer. For instance:
- Schedule your smart lights to make it seem like your home is occupied when you’re on vacation.
- Have your indoor smart bulbs come on when a doorbell camera detects sudden motion.
- Use geofencing to secure your locks, flip off your living room lights, and lower the smart thermostat when you leave for your day.
- Make custom scenes so you can set your lighting, thermostat, alarms, and other equipment with one touch of a button.
- Or simply see the status of all your alarms and cameras and manage your alarms and cameras with your security app.
Add that to the energy you’ll save through home automation, and you’ll realize how much you will want a modern home security in Asheville. You can even control your devices with your voice when you link your home security system to your favorite smart speaker.
Keep An Eye On Your House With Smart Security Cameras
Yard signs and proper lighting are great home invasion disincentives, but security cameras may take your security to another level. The furthest thing a thief wants is to be seen on camera as the footage could be leveraged against them in a criminal investigation. You can choose from indoor, outdoor, and doorbell cameras, all which give you live feeds 24-hours a day.
Do you need to investigate the commotion you heard in the yard? Would you need to greet the kids when they get home from school? Has a package you’ve been waiting for been delivered yet? All you need is to get the feed from your mobile app. You may also allow texts on your phone whenever a visitor approaches or the camera sense sudden motion. If you choose, you can talk with who’s there with the two-way talk feature on the app.
How To Find A Security System In Asheville?
Need help in creating a home security that works in Asheville? Our ADT experts will assist in building the perfect alarms, home automation, and security cameras that can be bundled into one affordable plan. Call today at (828) 202-7229 or complete the form below.