The latest smart security options have become more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, you may still neglect to do simple security tasks like turning on your a security system, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to worry about these things ever again? When utilizing geofencing in Asheville, you can simply drive off to work and let your home security system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Asheville For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter a set distance from your house, which you may arrange in your cell phone app. The technology then uses your mobile device to determine when you go beyond the border and then initiates pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart implements take advantage of to share information with one another. The technology assists your home security by putting all devices onto a single network. You can then set up specific boundaries along the perimeter of your property and designate what actions you want to take place as you cross the boundary.
To illustrate, shortly after you pull away from your premises, you could set your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and arm your alarms. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing will inform your system to disengage the alarm, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your smart thermostat.
Here are some of the components you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Smart thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics like speakers or TVs
● Garage door sensors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is just one way to use your home security system in Asheville. When you download the ADT Control app, you are able to reap the benefits of automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Set schedules: set your smart components to activate at predetermined times. Direct various lights to dim to signal that it's time to turn in for the night, or disarm your alarms when you get up.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make certain devices engage when another element is triggered. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan when a smoke detector is set off. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway if your doorbell camera senses unusual motion in the yard.
● Preprogram scenes: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in concert with each other. Have your lights turn off, the thermostat go down, and the locks activate when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with preset light and temperature adjustments.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to arm your alarm system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing capability and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Asheville
Whether you’re looking for added certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you would like to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with one of our representatives today at (828) 202-7229 or send in the following form to get started on your optimal security system.