Home security cameras can simply be used as a deterrent—something that tells burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can utilize your home security cameras to bolster your home’s security.
Luckily, the latest security cameras are armed with a plethora of additions all built to provide comprehensive protection for your family. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording functionality or infrared night vision and fast action motion sensors, these tools help you to get the most from home security cameras in Asheville.
How To Set Up Your Asheville Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Mounting your security cameras in the perfect points around your living space is the best place to start with home security.. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in common spots such as the kitchen or den. It’s also a smart notion to have a camera looking at main entryways, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to move around to reach the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras work best to afford a clear sightline of your porch, front walk, front and patio, shed, and other exterior separated buildings, like sheds. You can always get a view of your front door with a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations around your interior that are less vital to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, setting a camera in the vicinity may impact your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you want a form of device in bedrooms.
Features That Enhance Home Security Cameras
Device location is only the first step in utilizing the most out of home security cameras in Asheville. The additions described below help to elevate security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic notifications on your mobile device anytime abnormal activity is sensed. You can also configure cameras to automatically start filming when activity is discovered which will add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your security cameras to record and store clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- Two-way talk: Most of today’s security cameras include a built-in microphone and speaker so you are able to converse with people through the camera. With ADT Control, you can make it seem you’re home or welcome your kids as they get home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, provides a more complete look at what where you want to protect. Look for cameras that provide a minimum of 120-degree coverage or that can pan all the way around for optimum visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your video surveillance come with either LED or infrared sensors that will produce clips of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more targeted, create activity zones. For example, you can tell your doorbell camera to inform you of movement happening on your yard or your driveway and disregard animals passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: app, like ADT Control®, empower you to view live camera feeds, direct cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send instant alerts when the sense unusual motion around your house.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your home security cameras in Asheville is simpler. From rapid motion detection to two-way talk, your home security system can go from just a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (828) 202-7229 or complete the form below to get started personalizing your home security system today.