You may remember when home security components were confined to where you could run wires in your home. You didn’t have the option of positioning a video camera on a countertop or managing your system with a cell phone. But, home security is much different now, and that’s largely due to the emergence of wireless installations. You currently have an array of additional benefits to experience -- like remote access, devices that function as part of a cohesive network, and quicker installs. Wireless home security systems in Asheville will protect your home while making your life easier.
Things To Think About When Going Wireless
Most importantly, wireless home security systems must have a stable connection to the internet to operate properly. If you have reliable high-speed internet and a decent wireless router, you’re on the right path for a wireless installation.
If you’re concerned about power or internet outages, explore systems that have cellular and battery backups at hand to maintain the connection to your monitoring team indefinitely.
When you reside in a rural setting without reliable internet or cellular coverage, a wired system will probably be better. Or It could also be to your advantage financially to choose a wired approach if you move into a home that has security wiring already connected.
Perks Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both wired and wireless home security systems in Asheville will elevate your property’s protection, which is the main purpose to begin with. However, if you like the idea of using the most current tech, consider the following benefits of wireless:
- Access from any location: Get access to all the devices in your residence from your lighting to your thermostat directly from your smartphone with the ADT Control app. You can check who’s at the front door, activate your lights, and even arm your system if you didn’t remember to do so. If a security event comes up, you can have notifications sent directly to your smartphone.
- Easy installation and customizing: Forget about the endless wiring, crumbling drywall, and time-consuming system setups. One of the best aspects of wireless gadgets is that you are able to install them just about anywhere and in less time. If you would like to update later with new equipment, incorporating components into your network is simple.
- Smart home device interaction: Wireless functionality makes interactions between devices possible with fast, two-way communications. Program your system to act in specified scenarios to boost your protection and deter intrusions. For example, if your outdoor camera discovers odd disturbances on your property, it may instantly signal your interior lighting to activate.
Disadvantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Asheville
Despite the fact that wireless home security systems in Asheville have proven to be reliable, it’s reasonable if you have some hesitations about utilizing one. Here are a few of the common sources of concern:
- Battery-operated wireless elements could run out of power. Although this could happen, your smart devices will alert you whenever batteries need to be changed.
- Sensors usually have to be placed within a specified distance from your central command hub. ADT can provide range extenders in some situations to enhance your adaptability.
- Like other computer networks, the fear of being hacked exists. You can take steps to greatly reduce the risk by utilizing hard-to-crack passwords, always changing default settings, and using a router with a built-in firewall. Additionally, you should only install security components with encryption of 128-bit or more.
Would You Like To Go Wireless? Reach Out To Your Security Specialists
Would you like to take advantage of the latest in Asheville wireless home security? Call (828) 202-7229 to consult with the security specialists at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will help you design the perfect package for your property.